Thursday, March 19, 2015

Knock Knock! Who's there??

 
JBMA Reception Desk!!
That's where it all begins. 


Welcoming visitors, answering phone calls, receiving mails, doing all the paper work....and the list goes on.  At JBMA, it takes a multi-tasker with high energy, lots of enthusiasm and a big smile at all times to run the front desk.  And that's what our 4th grader Shahin learned last week when he served as "Ms. Joan" for a day. 

Shahin; who was the highest bidder for "Ms. Joan For A Day" auction at the PTO International Festival last month, got to experience what it takes to be Ms. Joan.  Last week he shadowed Ms. Joan for an entire day and in the process learned a thing or two...or a hundred...

In his own words:

My experience at the front desk was great but challenging at the same time.  I was excited to work with a copier making multiple copies for the first time.

My Most Favorite Part was stapling about 200 pages, using the shredder, and learning where all the mail goes.  Also, I got to enjoy some cookies while I was there :)

My Least Favorite Part was having to sit quietly and working in one place for so long.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment